Shyness That Caught Me

It’s here. The place. Both of us knew. Both of us are late.

But it’s okay. We bumped at the right time.

I said you’re late. You nod and laughed.

We sit. You ordered a shake. So do I.

We’re awkward.

You said I’m different from what you thought.

I said you’re exactly what I thought.

Laughing again.

I said I like your hair.

You blush and look away.

With that attitude, reminds me of a school girl.

You said you wanted to be an author.

That is why we’re here.

We should discuss. About a book. A political one.

You said with an awkward voice. You want to talk about other things.

It was religion. I’m okay.

We talked about the issue.

Suddenly, we’re dumbfounded.

Shakes empty. We walked out.

People were looking at us weird.

I’m uneasy. But your shy smile washed it all away.

I hardly see the sun outside. But it’s really lovely.

I found scenery I like.

I pull out my cell and you hid behind your palms. You thought I’m capturing you.

When I explained, you flushed. So I took your picture.

There. No need to be embarrassed.

I’m laughing hard. And you looked away. I know you’re shy.

To keep me silence, you gave me a key chain.

When I’m busy admiring it. You gave me a piece of paper.

I asked if the digits were yours. You said yes.

I asked are we going to meet again. You just nod.

I told you this day is my happiest day. You smiled.

“Me too,”

….is the most wonderful two words I’ve ever heard.

Comments